In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of building, road, ship)construcción feminine(industry/worker) de la construcción(toy/set) para construir modelos USroad construction — construcción de carreteras
- to be under construction — (of ship) estar en construcción
- construction company — empresa constructora
- The announcement came as the mayor inspected the building site where two new buildings are currently under construction.
- While new housing construction has declined sharply, an increase in building demolitions has also taken place.
- The CFMEU represents workers in mining and construction, two industries where there is a greater risk than most that workers won't make it home at the end of the day.
- Not many responders had a history of dusty work, such as experience in road and building construction and the cement industry.
- The construction of the wall fence, which is 75 percent complete, has now been delayed until the parties reach a compromise.
- They used the shell of a new mosque which has been under construction alongside the old building.
- By chance, French companies are not last in the world in fields like public construction, roads, tourism, energy and food industry.
- There are currently four major housing projects under construction in the area.
- There was a factory building under construction, and this must be the chemical factory that triggered this incident.
- Another day, James hops a city bus and rides it to the end of the line, a field out in the country where new housing is under construction.
- So far the authorities are powerless to intervene because the building under construction conforms exactly to the plans approved by the local council.
- Besides construction of classrooms and shelters, various Rotary Clubs have also contributed in several humanitarian programmes.
- There are currently six social housing schemes under construction in the county.
- With two housing developments currently under construction in Bangor, the town has got a major face-lift in the last five years.
- Many industries, such as construction, agriculture and mining have been almost entirely de-unionised.
- The project will see the demolition of an existing house and the construction of a 144 bedroom hotel spread over a ground floor and 14 upper floors.
- If he was going there to supervise the construction of the hotel, he should have been accompanied by experts in building construction and the hotel industry.
- The building, under construction for two and a half years, will be dedicated in February.
- A three-story government office building is under construction in the center of town.
- Areas such as construction, woodwork and industrial manufacture may prove a problem.
- There he worked in the building industry and work in construction was far more laborious than it is today.
- Lumber and construction are secondary industries.
- The construction of a building involves thousands of details, performed at the hands of scores of individuals.
- It is located near a nursing home on extensive grounds and there is a housing development under construction to the southern side.
- A number of new housing estates under construction at the moment, when completed, should enhance the town further, the report added.
- Typically two guideway support columns were under construction at any one time.
- The construction of the snake house, the otter enclosure and the panther enclosure has been half completed.
- Most strikes occurred in the retail sector, followed by the mining industry, metal and manufacturing, building and construction and transport.
- Most of them will go and work in building construction, brick making and roads.
- Today, the main use of bitumen is in the road making industry for construction and maintenance.
- The construction of her own house back home in Belgium is her current obsession.
- Could it be the explosive growth in industries like construction, agriculture, poultry, and carpet-making?
- Other industries include agriculture, construction, mining, and manufacturing.
1.2(of theory)construcción feminineelaboración feminine
- The novels he explores suggest that those groups who control power also dominate the presentation and construction of reality.
- The view that the races are social constructions is often associated with the claim that Europeans invented the races.
- Parts of this paper will be informed by his view of the social construction of reality and its inherent dialectical character.
- It's all very big and heady - the world of abstract construction - but it's child's play, really.
- It will help in the creative construction of concepts and practices that will deal with the present and future.
- We did a lot of creative construction back in the founding.
- Men are also gendered beings, and are affected in negative ways through the social construction of masculinity.
- Cyberspace must thereby be understood as an intersubjective construction of cyborgian selves.
- Not to do so would contravene his will, viewed as a construction of his higher-order desires, even if the action turned out to be to his disadvantage.
- Since reality is our own construction, it should be our responsibility to know what we can do with it.
- So you have the social construction of reality, and the expanding universe… looking like the same thing.
- However, in each case we see an intellectual predilection for stressing the active role of individuals in the social construction of social reality.
- The tacit acceptance of the fact that rape exists has to do with the social construction of masculinity.
- Let us now turn to the construction of institutional entities in virtual environments.
- This interplay is what I take to be that phenomenon called the social construction of reality.
- Yes, I understand that marriage is a social construction.
- His study offers an analysis of the cultural constructions of gender and national identity during the war years.
- More recently, Men's Studies have explored the social construction of masculinities.
- This book should generate some lively ideas for creative work tying in with construction and invention, imagination and probability.
- In the discourse of policy makers, European cinema is a part of the discursive construction of a European identity.
1.3Mathematics Linguisticsconstrucción feminine
- That tells us that the construction is an interrogative complement clause in each case.
- The only solution is that both are uses of the plain form in a subjunctive main clause construction.
- Language experts can tell from sentence construction, phrase and idiom whether or not you think in the language of your speech or writing.
- The quotation is an example of an English construction in which parallel modifiers are interpreted in a special way.
- The construction doesn't require a clause introduced by that - it can be a bare sentence
2(design, composition)construcción femininefaults in construction — defectos de construcción
3(structure)estructura feminineconstrucción feminine
4(interpretation)interpretación masculineyou're putting a wrong construction on what she said — estás malinterpretando sus palabras
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.