In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with doctor, lawyer)consulta feminine
- This all made for a good, lighthearted appointment which is the way I like my medical consultations.
- We could not, without causing delay, recruit many patients from doctors whose consultations were short.
- The consultant might travel around several clinics and carry out joint consultations with the doctor or nurse and patient.
- Offering doctors feedback on real consultations should ensure more effective transfer of skills.
- Shortage of time in general practice consultations is widely acknowledged to constrain the quality of care of patients.
- Some facilities offer consultations with doctors or other forms of medical aid.
- In the course of a series of consultations, our experts spelled out their proposals on the issue.
- One possibility is that the stakes are higher for the patient in a consultation with a doctor.
- It took many years, numerous meeting and consultations with professionals.
- A series of public round-table meetings and other consultations with stakeholders were then held.
- Most studies of general practitioners' consultations show a strong degree of professional control.
- If Doctors have to sell consultations, drugs and treatments to make their money, we are heading straight back into the past.
- If you are not covered by a medical card your doctor may charge a consultation fee.
- The ageing of the population increased the number of consultations due to immediate medical needs.
- Experts will be on hand to offer styling advice and consultations as well wine and nibbles.
- Often more is accomplished by informal consultations than by official meetings.
- Use of computers during general practice consultations improves the quality of care in some cases.
- External sources may enable much of the information gathering to occur outside consultations.
- These suggest that patients were more satisfied with consultations with nurse practitioners than those with doctors.
- Hospital readmissions and general practice consultations often occur soon after the diagnosis of heart failure.
2(of dictionary, notes)consulta feminine
- The process of consultation with local partners has been ongoing since the kidnaps.
- The Kennel Club says the docking of dogs' tails is a choice for the owner, in consultation with a vet.
- There was no consultation, no discussion, no attempt to bring householders on board.
- Possible changes were first revealed a year ago and have been out for discussion and consultation.
- As part of the appraisal process, consultation took place on a range of design options.
- The process of consultation must be effective; looked at as a whole, it must be fair.
- How is it that the task of ensuring that proper consultation takes place is so difficult?
- He said a special study was being made of Newcombe Drive in consultation with local residents.
- I expect to see a full and proper consultation conducted before any action is taken.
- There will now be two months of formal consultation and a decision is expected in March.
- The constitution adopted was the product of wide consultation and discussion.
- These acts may be done in consultation with the rest of the group, but not necessarily as a group.
- The matter has been examined in consultation with the Ministry of External Affairs.
- We will build on it when we launch our formal public consultation next week.
- The amendment was preceded by a process of consultation with local authorities.
- There will be public consultation after councillors have discussed the changes.
- The fact is that this strike could have been avoided had there been proper consultation all round.
- The lack of any wide discussion or consultation is the cause of much of the criticism.
- You may also choose, in consultation with your surgeon, what type of incision to have.
- On the face of it, the matter is decided by the President of the Tribunal in consultation with judges.
3(discussion)there was no consultation with the tenants — no se consultó a los inquilinos
- the union is demanding full consultation at each stage — el sindicato exige participar plenamente en el proceso consultivo
- in consultation with sb — en conferencia con algn
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.