In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1consumidor masculineconsumidora femininebefore noun consumer choice — posibilidad de opción del consumidor feminine
- consumer confidence — confianza del consumidor
- consumer credit — crédito al consumo
- consumer demand — demanda de consumo
- consumer protection — protección al consumidor
- consumer resistance — resistencia del consumidor
- the consumer society — la sociedad de consumo
- consumer spending — gasto del consumidor / de los consumidores
- consumer survey — encuesta sobre consumo
- And consumer demand is as strong now as it has been any time in the last century or two.
- What better way to express one's rights as a consumer than to purchase a useless item?
- If you need help with a consumer problem please contact York Consumer Advice Service.
- Which is an achievement in itself in this age of appalling service given to British consumers.
- On consumer demand in general, growth is coming off the boil in the major economies.
- First of all, consumers will demand less of the imported goods as they now have to pay a higher price.
- The consumer culture demands that when we are sick we have medicines to make us well.
- Last year it undertook a detailed study of the demands of the ethical consumer.
- This dedicated troupe have done the consumer a huge service by hiking up standards.
- It is, of course, too early for changes in house prices to affect consumers ' daily purchases.
- You have to make every interaction with consumers personal and highly human.
- It found that more than half of garages were delivering low standards of service to consumers.
- The job of businessmen is to stay on guard as far as consumers ' demands are concerned.
- The guidelines are also likely to try to cut off demand by telling consumers how to shop.
- If the results of such trials are favourable, consumers are likely to demand this procedure.
- The analysts reckon consumer demand for laptops and notepads was behind the modest upturn.
- The demand for a product is the sum of the demand of individual consumers.
- Third, almost all consumers purchase coffee on the basis of price, not on the basis of how it is produced.
- There has also been a slowdown in service sector growth and consumer borrowing.
- Trade in wildlife is driven by consumer demand, so when the buying stops, the killing will too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.