In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1índice de precios al consumo masculineíndice de precios al consumidor masculine
- But the Fed also reacts to recent inflation as gauged by the consumer price index.
- The year on year inflation rate for the composite consumer price index declined to 22.2 per cent for May 2001.
- In the present U.S. system, benefits after retirement are indexed to the consumer price index.
- Salary increases for the same period last year averaged 8 per cent against the consumer price index of 5.6 per cent.
- Another likely change: Today's retirees get an annual cost-of-living adjustment based on the consumer price index.
- The popular notion that the central bank can implement a policy of price stability by stabilizing changes in a price index like the consumer price index is therefore erroneous.
- Gas and fuel prices have had a sizable impact on the consumer price index.
- The Central Statistics Office translates this figure into €115.01 for this year, adjusted in line with the consumer price index.
- For comparison, Labor notes medical prices rose by about 50% as measured in the consumer price index.
- When adjusted by the consumer price index, gas costs 36% less than it did in 1980.
- The second column in the table shows the rental index from the consumer price index.
- Because of higher oil prices, the total consumer price index rose 0.6% in March from February.
- Index the 60 per cent of median income to the consumer price index, and by 2001, only 2 per cent of people fell below the line.
- A better bet is to predict the price deflator using the consumer price index for non-durable goods.
- By contrast, salary increases for the same period in 2001 increased by 2.4 per cent against the consumer price index.
- It also announced a new mechanism that appeared to link the licence fee to the consumer price index.
- Right now, benefits are set by a complex formula when a person first retires, and then are adjusted for inflation using the consumer price index.
- But the principal value is adjusted twice a year to reflect inflation, as measured by increases in the consumer price index.
- The price of the television licence is linked to the consumer price index which means that any increase has implications for inflation.
- In recent years, software publishers have hit consumers with a double whammy that very likely escapes the consumer price index.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.