In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lente de contacto femininelente de contacto masculine Latin Americalentilla feminine Spain
- Ivins said the chain was also benefiting from its focus on the contact lens market where it believes the industry's major growth prospects lie.
- At one point, I thought my contact lens had fallen out as I couldn't focus properly, but then I realised this was actually the desired effect.
- With this option, you wear a bifocal contact lens in your nondominant eye and a contact lens set for distance in your dominant eye.
- The eyes need to be moved in certain directions but this can easily be done with the contact lens in place.
- This can either be a pair of spectacles, contact lens or an intraocular lens.
- It left him unable to focus without a rigid contact lens which was impractical to insert, for instance, if he was called out in the middle of the night to answer an emergency when every moment counts.
- Note that the leaves flip by almost turning inside out - similar to the flipping of a contact lens, plastic lid or the reversal of a torn tennis ball.
- There was some consternation when Taylor required treatment in the first quarter of the match but this turned out to be no more than a contact lens change and normal service was quickly resumed.
- Your eyeglass or contact lens prescription should be stable for at least one year.
- It is difficult to see a clear contact lens in the solution, so for your convenience most corrective lenses have a light blue tint.
- You would save a lot if you purchased your Halloween lenses from an online contact lens retailer instead.
- The contact lens wearer has to be strongly motivated to learn to adapt to this irritant and develop the ocular tolerance necessary for comfortable lens wear.
- Tate was born with two different colored eyes, she took a lot of teasing coming up and now wears a contact lens to give the appearance that her eyes are the same.
- Should you lose a contact lens, don't crawl around looking for it.
- Soft sales in the company's contact lens and lens care segments led to an overall decline of 3.4%.
- The diameter of the contact lens with respect to the diameter of the cornea is looked at as well.
- Protein accumulation on the contact lens can result in eye infection if the lens is not cleaned properly.
- The raw surface of your cornea repairs itself, assisted by a contact lens you wear as a bandage over your eye for three or four days after surgery.
- All contact lens users must remove and clean their lenses as instructed.
- Also, from time to time online contact lens retailers put selected lenses on sale, which can get you an even better discount.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.