In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Using photographic paper and light, he produces what you could call contact prints of materials other than negatives.
- For the connoisseur, a contact print, the result of printing the negative directly onto photographic paper, achieves what many consider the ultimate in a photographic print.
- In the late 1960s the Chicago photographer was handling a sheet of 35 mm contact prints.
- An unadorned contact print using an X-ray alone results in dark bones on a white background, and it lacks distinctiveness.
- The work is a contact print whose central off-square image resulted from placing six contiguous negative strips, cut from a single roll of unexposed film, upon a sheet of photosensitive paper.
- In fact, all of his photographs are contact prints and not enlarged.
- In the middle of the book there were two 4x5 contact prints which Carl had captioned ‘My first Mustang.’
- Although only a handful of the glass plate negatives survive, various albums and collections of the contact prints lay buried until the 1970s, when they were rediscovered.
- But I thought the big contact prints, that showed the plants exactly, were just great.
- These photographs of clouds, frequently issued as contact prints, measure a mere 3 5/8 by 4 5/8 inches.
- There is nothing in photography quite as beautiful and glowing as a large-format contact print on special contact print paper.
- Contact prints from the oversized negatives are photographs of remarkable richness, depth, and detail.
- The resulting contact prints shown here are, with one exception, not the cyanotypes and calotypes of the self-portraits.
- But now, with everything computerised, there are no contact prints.
- I have had contact prints that require 45 or 50 minute exposures.
- The artist conveys his approach to his subjects by studying three or four consecutive images on 35 millimeter contact prints.
- Taken between 1910 and 1960, many of the untitled and anonymous images are contact prints and, as such, small enough to fit in the hand.
- Many 8 x 10 photographers, in fact, contact print.
- Today his full-frame, black-and-white, 8-by-10-inch contact prints still aspire to the overall clarity consistent with the view-camera genre.
- The print room has a rich collection of portraits made in the Imperial format - large paper contact prints made from oversize glass-plate negatives - that were meant to be framed and hung like paintings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.