In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In panning through their slide carousels, each photographer essentially presented the audience with an edited contact sheet of his or her work.
- And the fluid black patchiness of a photographer's contact sheet, which he employs as a kind of frame, gives the images a momentary as well as a monumental air.
- She projected a series of photographs along with a poorly crafted contact sheet, chemically stained, with inconsistent exposure between frames.
- The best part of the exhibition were the contact sheets, (for those who don't know, a contact sheet is basically a print of the original negatives.)
- She looked up from the contact sheet of negatives from Gia's recent photo shoot and repeated her question.
- I got the contact sheet index print for the first roll of my Bombay photographs and am reasonably pleased with all the pictures.
- The effect was a bit like looking at a row of photos on a contact sheet.
- And frankly, a photographer's life isn't all that cool: It's a big mess of clients, chemicals, and contact sheets.
- The memory card reader handles all popular card types, and as with most printers incorporating this feature, you can use it to get a contact sheet of the pictures stored on a card you insert.
- The initial idea was to look through his contact sheets - the first time anyone but Lowe had done so - with an eye for overlooked nuggets.
- But I didn't discover the eyes until I printed up the contact sheet a few days later.
- The exhibition's greatest fascination was generated by seven contact sheets, all printed on paper as generously sized as the individual enlargements.
- Attached is a tiny photo from a contact sheet of a man in the nude.
- A collection of black-and-white images covers a contact sheet, capturing pieces of a city's heritage on film.
- It generates a contact sheet of thumbnail images that you mark to select and then scan.
- The Copyright Office will accept photographs submitted on CD-ROMs, DVDs, unmounted prints, contact sheets, slides, clippings, photo copies or videotape.
- Most printers that print directly from a digital camera will let you create an index sheet - the equivalent of a contact sheet in the old-fashioned film world.
- Most important to me is that the viewing of thumbnails of all images in a folder, rename them individually or in batches, and generate quick contact sheets.
- All of my negatives, contact sheets and most prints were stored in cardboard boxes, in my basement.
- I spend countless hours going over contact sheets and file folders of photographs, both digital and hard copy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.