In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contagiosois it contagious? — ¿es contagioso?
- And each child who isn't immunized gives these highly contagious diseases one more chance to spread.
- TB is a contagious disease that spreads through the air.
- Measles, mumps, and rubella are all serious contagious diseases that spread rapidly, especially in populations without immunity.
- HIV is a lethal contagious disease spread by contact with blood and body fluids.
- Meanwhile, the contagious disease would spread, leading to widespread illness and public panic.
- This is especially important because children may have been exposed to contagious illnesses such as chicken pox or may have recently received immunizations.
- The closures aim to prevent the accidental spread of the highly contagious disease and operates until 8am on Saturday, March 17.
- The purpose of the legislation was to protect against the animals developing and spreading contagious disease.
- The spread of contagious disease from the body was continuing to infect our people and it was killing them.
- These crowded conditions encourage the spread of contagious illnesses among the child silk workers.
- As flocks of sheep return home this month from winter grazing the lowlands of Pembrokeshire, farmers are being warned to be vigilant against the spread of a highly contagious disease.
- Rubella is a mild, highly contagious illness that is caused by a virus.
- As a matter of fact, I don't worry at all about the spread of a contagious disease like SARS.
- Traditional externalities, such as limiting the spread of contagious diseases, explain little of modern government involvement with health.
- Although rheumatic fever is not contagious, strep throat is.
- A respiratory viral infection is a contagious illness that can affect your respiratory tract and cause other symptoms.
- The epidemic peaked because contagious disease epidemics always do.
- Group A streptococcal infections that cause scarlet fever are contagious.
- Initially, medical experts worked to contain the spread of contagious diseases.
- Many parents assume that any kind of stomach upset in a child is the result of a contagious illness when the real culprit is simple indigestion or constipation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.