In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contagiosois it contagious? — ¿es contagioso?
- This is especially important because children may have been exposed to contagious illnesses such as chicken pox or may have recently received immunizations.
- TB is a contagious disease that spreads through the air.
- As flocks of sheep return home this month from winter grazing the lowlands of Pembrokeshire, farmers are being warned to be vigilant against the spread of a highly contagious disease.
- Initially, medical experts worked to contain the spread of contagious diseases.
- Group A streptococcal infections that cause scarlet fever are contagious.
- Although rheumatic fever is not contagious, strep throat is.
- HIV is a lethal contagious disease spread by contact with blood and body fluids.
- Rubella is a mild, highly contagious illness that is caused by a virus.
- Traditional externalities, such as limiting the spread of contagious diseases, explain little of modern government involvement with health.
- The closures aim to prevent the accidental spread of the highly contagious disease and operates until 8am on Saturday, March 17.
- A respiratory viral infection is a contagious illness that can affect your respiratory tract and cause other symptoms.
- The spread of contagious disease from the body was continuing to infect our people and it was killing them.
- Measles, mumps, and rubella are all serious contagious diseases that spread rapidly, especially in populations without immunity.
- These crowded conditions encourage the spread of contagious illnesses among the child silk workers.
- The purpose of the legislation was to protect against the animals developing and spreading contagious disease.
- Many parents assume that any kind of stomach upset in a child is the result of a contagious illness when the real culprit is simple indigestion or constipation.
- And each child who isn't immunized gives these highly contagious diseases one more chance to spread.
- As a matter of fact, I don't worry at all about the spread of a contagious disease like SARS.
- The epidemic peaked because contagious disease epidemics always do.
- Meanwhile, the contagious disease would spread, leading to widespread illness and public panic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.