In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puerto para contenedores masculine
- The port is a container port to offload freight from ships too big to navigate the canal.
- While the container port announcement came just after the organisation's annual review for 2003-04, it has been the most memorable event for bosses over the past few months.
- In that case, containers were stolen from the container port with the connivance of employees of the terminal operator.
- The Bathside Bay development centres on a new container port at Harwich, adjacent to the existing roll-on-roll-off port, which will have a capacity of 1.7 million containers each year.
- A port spokeswoman said the present strike would cause major disruption as it affected both terminals at the biggest container port in the country.
- If that is the case, it will be a serious blow to Southampton's international standing as the second-largest container port in the UK.
- A longtime tourist destination because of its beaches and historic district, Charleston also has a major container port that draws manufacturers and distributors.
- Felixstowe in Suffolk had become a specialist container port with excellent road links.
- Laem Chabang port, which has overtaken Bangkok port to become the largest container port in Thailand, is just 12 km away.
- Docks' police say they have smashed a major cannabis-growing operation in a remote area of the sprawling container port.
- The majority of the city's trade is through its container port.
- The container port appears slightly downstream from where the conventional port was, but only slightly.
- Hong Kong, which relies on the mainland for 90 per cent of the exports flowing through its container port, is also a major transit centre for foreign foodstuffs destined for China.
- The railway will be principally carrying freight from Australia's south to a container port in Darwin in the north.
- Victoria also has Australia's only curfew free international airport and Australia's largest container port all linked to each other and the rest of Australia by a world-class transport road and rail network.
- He added the council was concerned about ‘the conservation area and this huge container port, which will possibly sit alongside it, and how they will live together.’
- How is it that the planners and managers had not already implemented the single-user long-term terminal-lease model commonly found in major container ports?
- The officials took more than 10 years to accept that theirs would not be a major container port.
- Singapore is the second busiest container port in the world.
- Following the discovery, a section of the major container port was sealed off as Bomb Squad officers joined Customs teams to examine the vehicle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.