In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contaminarto become contaminated — contaminarse
- The poison could be used to contaminate food or water, which would achieve the aim of spreading panic, or left on door handles in busy buildings.
- Many types of viral and bacterial pathogens that grow in the gut of infected people may contaminate water and food.
- They added somebody stealing food can be jailed while those who poison people by contaminating food can get away scot free.
- Groundwater will be polluted, which would contaminate drinking water.
- Chemicals in everyday products such as good packaging and cosmetics contaminate our air, water and soil.
- It was approved only for animal feed but was found to be contaminating several corn products sold to consumers.
- I think there's paranoia in the national press and that contaminates the foreign press.
- They must be dismantled on an impermeable surface to avoid contaminating the ground.
- If not properly disposed of, these substances can contaminate ground water.
- They want to make sure that nothing contaminates the evidence.
- The test results showed that raw sewage is contaminating the bathing areas.
- Sources of contaminated soils include manufacturers, businesses, retail establishments, government and individuals.
- It can crash through the armour of a modern tank and it poisons land and contaminates water supplies for years causing cancers and genetic defects.
- I think most people are tired of this way of contaminating the political agenda.
- The amount of mercury found in fish may be 3,000 times the original concentration in the contaminated water.
- He notes that although it was just water, there were dead fish and poison oak contaminating the water all over the course.
- If mercury is found in local soil, it can contaminate the fish supply.
- But this should not be carried out on-farm because it can further contaminate the ground and infect other cattle.
- Air pollution can hurt animals and humans when they inhale contaminated air.
- Apparently parents emit poisonous substances which contaminate their kids in much the same way that humans pollute the environment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.