In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Happiness comes form contentment within and not amount of money will change that.
- Once you reach that point in life, contentment and happiness can not be too far.
- Being in tune with nature is the easiest and only way of ensuring a life of contentment and happiness.
- It was a source of peace and contentment to Paddy and was close to his heart.
- The core concern of liberalism is the happiness and contentment of individual human beings.
- Life on the land involved much manual labour but it was a way of life that gave them contentment and peace of mind.
- Her home was her palace and it was there she found contentment and peace of mind.
- He's too astute to give away his position, but he wears an air of contentment as comfortably as the leather sandals on his feet.
- It's a word he uses a lot in his almost childlike rediscovery of happiness and contentment.
- The days and nights that followed were a blur of happiness, enjoyment and contentment.
- All residents of the area join in wishing Aidan every happiness and contentment in his retirement.
- This entity enables everybody to enjoy a happy life of working and living in peace and contentment.
- Her faith was a central part of her long life and through it she found much peace, strength and contentment.
- Reddy was an avid reader and got many hours of contentment and enjoyment from books and newspapers.
- Ravenous, we devoured our dishes, only pausing to share sighs of contentment as we worked our way around the plate.
- Is it hard to find calm, satisfaction, contentment, happiness inside oneself?
- Is the quest for happiness and contentment more important than the acquisition of knowledge?
- And they increasingly look to their work as their main source of satisfaction and contentment.
- The contentment and happiness of love is always to be longed for or wistfully remembered.
- The newlyweds are wished every happiness and contentment in the years ahead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.