In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Thus, spatial heterogeneity in predation pressure is common in both fragmented and contiguous landscapes.
- It is a reasonable supposition on our part therefore to consider that, if escorted back to the edge of the contiguous zone, vessels would return to Indonesia.
- In a second step, clusters merge into a contiguous zone at the cell border that spreads and gives rise to actin waves traveling on a planar membrane.
- From an ecological point of view, the park should have encompassed contiguous biodiversity-rich forest tracts that cut across even states.
- This has been mooted taking into account that a few places in the nearby villages beyond marsh are contiguous to the marsh.
- Geographically my State is contiguous with both of them.
- It is contiguous to a scrub shrub/emergent wetland and bordered to the east by an evergreen forested wetland complex.
- Because all study sites were contiguous with larger expanses of tallgrass prairie, they were not prairie fragments.
- The continental United States is contiguous with Canada to the north and Mexico to the south.
- Not really tied in all too closely with modesty because these statues are contiguous with nude statues exploring the beauty of the human form.
- The ideal is for married children to live near their parents, at least in the same city, if not in the same neighborhood or on a contiguous lot.
- Under this scheme, tribes and migrants were jointly allotted land for agricultural operations in contiguous areas.
- In 1998, in an area contiguous with the reserve, the Development Reserve was created.
- But to be defensible, land must be contiguous; it cannot be cut through by a grid controlled by an occupying power.
- They come from a nation contiguous to the U.S. with a long and porous border.
- In contrast, Wyoming is contiguous with six states but has only two other state capitals within 500 miles.
- Albanians live in a contiguous area in at least four states.
- These valleys form part of a magnificent expanse of contiguous pristine valleys-a complex of giant trees unparalleled on Vancouver Island.
- No other farms are contiguous with High House Farm.
- The study was conducted in El Paso, Texas, which is contiguous with Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.