In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The one mass of land began to break up, and the separating continents took with them living cargoes of animals.
- Instead, tectonics has encircled the north pole with most of the great continents.
- The plan is to sail around several continents before eventually returning to Europe.
- The Middle East and tropical Africa were the last continents that Europeans colonized.
- To be competitive in the 1990s, airlines must offer services across several continents.
- This steep sided sea flows like a meeting place between the two continents of Africa and Asia.
- With present telecommunication links it is indeed possible to work across the continents.
- Australia was the last of the inhabited continents to be reached by Europeans.
- The experience of war fought across two oceans and three continents turned it into a military hegemon of the first order.
- By the end of my second year there, I'd travelled to most continents, and my air miles account was truly bulging.
- The history of the Armenian state and people spans over three thousand years and six continents.
- A child from an extended family may be living across different continents with different cultures and laws.
- So, after Everest, she resolved to climb the highest mountains on each of the seven continents.
- As far as the other continents were concerned British capital was centred on the Empire.
- It even creates news products for maritime and land mobile markets across six continents and four ocean regions.
- In fact, we know that tornadoes have occurred on all continents except Antarctica.
- This is due to the fact that all the continents had merged into a single landmass.
- The flowers also tend to be very small, compared to the size of the flowers found in other landmasses and continents.
- You're all my very extended family spanning all continents and all time zones around the world.
- Thousands died on the seas while they were being shipped like caged cattle between continents.
2the continent — Europa (continental) feminine
- They believed that the church should be made up of women and men who were sexually continent and who also abstained from wine and meat.
- They were sexually continent all their lives.
2Medicineque controla los esfínteres
- This provides a mechanism to influence the two muscle groups to work in concert for continent urine storage and release.
- The patients in the study were losing the ability to dress themselves, bathe, use the toilet, clean themselves, and remain continent.
- We compared the risk of urinary incontinence in the daughters of incontinent women with that in the daughters of continent women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.