1circulación de vehículos en sentido contrario al habitual por carriles habilitados para estos efectos
- There will be speed restrictions, contraflows, overnight closures, and the closing of slip roads as the motorway is widened from two lanes to three between Junctions 8 and 6 and from three to four between Junctions 6 and 5.
- A contraflow system was put in place to allow the Yorkshire Air Ambulance to land.
- Police placed cones across the entrance to the village from the dual carriageway last Friday night, after jams caused by a contraflow at Copmanthorpe led to severe congestion in the village.
- The problems have been caused by traffic funnelling down into a contraflow involving just one lane in each direction.
- She added: ‘We are maintaining three lanes in a contraflow but severe delays are likely and motorists should take extra care when they approach the roadworks and allow more time for journeys.’
- The problems this autumn have been caused largely by the need to reduce traffic down to one lane in each direction on a contraflow on the westbound carriageway.
- An estimated 90,000 motorists using the road every day face contraflows, temporary speed limits and hard shoulder restrictions.
- A full scene investigation was launched, but the road remained open, with police implementing a contraflow system.
- The road improvements involve the closure of the eastbound carriageway of the motorway between the two junctions, with a contraflow system on the westbound carriageway.
- A contraflow was put in place while the road was blocked, and traffic built up for around two miles in either direction.
- This work will be completed before the end of March, allowing a contraflow to be removed and the road to open from March 29 to April 2.
- There will be a contraflow with two lanes of the carriageway open in each direction, while at night sometimes that will be reduced to a single lane.
- This meant a single-lane contraflow had to be introduced in both directions.
- First, every single entrance to the contraflow side of the highway must be closed off.
- This autumn's crippling congestion on the dual carriageway and across the city centre has largely been caused by the single-lane contraflow bottleneck at Copmanthorpe.
- The entire eastbound side of the road was shut today, with a contraflow in place on the westbound side.
- The contraflow will be switched to the westbound carriageway in late January as resurfacing starts on eastbound lanes.
- During the surfacing work, temporary traffic lights and contraflows will be used to keep vehicles moving on North Street and Skipton Road.
- Traffic will be reduced to single lane working in a contraflow system on the westbound carriageway and Highways Agency officials are warning drivers to expect delays.
- The Highways Agency only recently ruled out any extra lanes on the eastbound contraflow when work resumes on the project in the New Year and the westbound carriageway is closed.