In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adivinanza feminineacertijo masculinethere remain a few conundrums surrounding … — quedan unas cuantas interrogantes relacionadas con …
- The ensuing civil procedural history became a matter of prolonged legal debate on due process, but the religious coercion and its conundrums remained.
- The answer to this conundrum is buried in the depths of the article.
- Despite the richness of the premise, which asks a number of bio-ethical questions, there is little room for complex moral conundrums once the adrenaline starts pumping.
- This problem is at the heart of several conundrums concerning time.
- The focus of discussion remains reframing the species problem as a linguistic conundrum.
- For the environmentalists, there was no getting around this difficult conundrum.
- As it happens, though, the law deals with these semantic conundrums the same way it deals with many (though not all) semantic conundrums: by ignoring them.
- Other than that, it can be something of a difficult ethical conundrum for somebody.
- When I awoke it was to the brilliant glowing answer to our little conundrum.
- Fortunately for all of us, we may never have to find out the answer to that conundrum.
- I have not the answer to this conundrum that has become the bane of my existence.
- The answer to this conundrum can be found at the heart of the society that he lived and work in.
- It was written during the collapse of the Weimar Republic and given its premiere in Dresden in the first months of the Third Reich, and almost everything about it consists of conundrums and paradoxes.
- It's actually by focussing on this last point that investors can find the true answer to the conundrum.
- The last two days may have finally supplied an answer to that conundrum.
- The only answer to that conundrum is to extend the period during which these costs are paid, perhaps by loans, a graduate tax or a combination of both.
- He is a German refugee, a Jewish scientist specialising in relativity and its conundrums; she is a doctor's daughter, musical, ambitious, idealistic.
- The problem remains a conundrum to me, and I hope others can propose ways of dealing with it.
- Children with recurrent abdominal pain present a difficult conundrum for doctors.
- It is a dreadful and continuing conundrum for which it seems nobody has a convincing answer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.