In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estufa de convección femininecalentador de convección masculine
- This configuration draws air into the occupied space across tempering fin-tube convectors, creating a comfortable temperature-controlled natural ventilation.
- Had Advanced Diver ‘Sparky ‘Wilson not converted the boat radio into a primitive convector heater, I'm not at all sure we would have made it.’
- The bleed valve is located at the top end of the radiator and at one end of the baseboard convector.
- A basic steel-panelled convector radiator costs about £100 and a boiler £700 - £1,200.
- The steam travels through pipes to radiators or convectors, which give off heat and warm the room.
- Cooling is provided using ground water that pre-cools and dehumidifies the incoming air, and then runs through high-level cooling convectors in the offices for additional effect.
- I rang them up and within an hour I was supplied with two portable convector heaters on loan.
- The units will come with gas-fired central heating and gas convector fires.
- A hydronic valence convector system provides radiant cooling and heating of the offices using significantly less energy than fan coil units would.
- They act as a ‘hot box’ so that if the electrical and mechanical systems fail, they will act as passive solar convectors, pulling cool air from levels below ground.
- The systems are safeguarded from boiling by ensuring an automatic heat dump to additional heating devices, e.g. fin-tube convectors.
- I bend down to switch on the little convector / heater/blower
- This usually means the use of a convector fire or glass fronted roomheater, which needs to be sized to meet the particular heat requirements of the room.
- The council had provided the single mum, who has lived in the house for more than seven years, with a convector heater.
- Attention is drawn also to a non-working convector heater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.