In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tema de conversación masculine
- The books are not really about practical advice or ideas for the home - they are novelty items, a treat for the eyes and a conversation piece for the coffee table.
- He is portrayed in a conversation piece of c.1735-40 by James Worsdale, now in the National Gallery of Ireland.
- The remaining empty seat was a big conversation piece.
- ‘It adds so much interest to the home and it's definitely a conversation piece,’ Thompson said.
- We have all seen the intense concentration that appears on the face of Anne Buxton in the conversation piece by Henry Walton, an expression that becomes the subject of Reynolds's ‘fancy’ picture A Boy Reading.
- Though it remains monotonous and fails to have the spark that will compel you to finish it, it oozes quality and would make a great conversation piece at Christmas Dinner.
- Despite these other reasons, she said the main reason she bought the horse is it's a nice conversation piece that looks good in her shop.
- By the same token, an original or funky coffee table, end table or even barstool can serve as the conversation piece of your loft.
- Each year we have them out in front of the house and it is a conversation piece.
- He preferred the small, informal portrait, the conversation piece, landscape, and genre painting to full-length portraits in 18th-century British art.
- What it is, is a high-quality miniature that makes a great conversation piece.
- Keep the device in slide show mode and it will become a terrific conversation piece.
- Amazingly, it works rather well also, and is serving as a great conversation piece.
- Whether hip-hop, classical, or traditional, the tune you carry will be an obvious conversation piece.
- In the end the only useful purpose the movie serves is as an excellent conversation piece.
- Instead, it's a conversation piece that is destined to draw attention.
- It had always struck him that they would make a great conversation piece.
- The root is so magnificently ugly with its rough textured black hide that it makes a fabulous conversation piece.
- If you buy a properly researched piece of art, it will become a conversation piece and enrich lives.
- Playing an important role in the overall design are a few family heirlooms, including the glass-top coffee table, often a conversation piece.
- The flexible screen makes an excellent conversation piece and accent to my room decor.
- They also make a great conversation piece because of their very unusual colors.
- It can be a conversation piece and is not just a beverage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.