In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Financeconvertibleconvertible debentures — obligaciones convertibles
- The Tokyo Stock Exchange will relax its rules on issuing convertible bonds to prevent the hollowing out of the domestic market, a press report said yesterday.
- ‘I would never have thought of convertible bonds on my own,’ he says.
- However, as the convertible bond and the stock can move independently, the arbitrageur can lose on both the bond and the stock, which means the position carries risk.
- His results, however, are specific model dependent and constitute a test of the particular model employed rather than a test of the pricing behaviour of convertible bonds.
- This chart shows the performance of a convertible bond as the stock price rises.
- Furthermore, some of the violations documented in this case can also be the result of nonsynchronous trading between the convertible bond and the underlying stock.
- The remainder is invested into common and preferred stock, and cash and convertible bonds, which can be transformed into equity at an investor's discretion.
- It has been supported financially by 75-per-cent stakeholder High Fashion International through the issue of convertible notes.
- It buys the convertible bonds of a company and shorts the underlying stock.
- The market for convertible bonds in particular has picked up steam as companies rush to raise funds while global interest rates remain low.
- Convertible preferreds work in the same way as convertible bonds.
- Those enterprises that have managed to maintain good investment-grade credit ratings may be able to raise capital by selling convertible bonds.
- This allows us to get a first yield spread estimate and, thus, a first price estimate of the equivalent nonconvertible bond for a greater number of convertible bonds.
- Sometimes, there are very attractive companies that don't have straight high-yield bonds but they do have convertible bonds.
- The approach, which makes an assumption about the functional form of the yield premium, drastically increases the number of convertible bonds examined.
- Unlike with regular bonds, however, you can exchange your convertible bond for stock in the company at a certain price.
- Investors favor convertible bonds when stocks are falling because they combine the protection offered by a bond and the potential to profit if the underlying shares rally.
- Thus, the number of convertible bond prices that can be examined is limited to the availability of nonconvertible corporate bonds in the same cell the convertible bond belongs in.
- The evidence provided in this paper suggests an underpricing of convertible bonds to the extent that negative conversion option prices are often implied.
- Attracted by the opportunity for arbitrage with the stock market, hedge funds have also been big buyers of convertible bonds.
- Serena's domination, of course, is directly convertible into dollars.
- Finally, it is possible to buy convertible terms, which allow consumers to switch into other life contracts without further medical investigation.
- A mother and daughter in a silver convertible BMW with its roof down, were chased and targeted by the violent rider of a Vespa-type moped.
- You enjoy the soundtrack a lot more in the convertible version, and I could often be found in tunnels, gearing down, top down, and enjoying the soundtrack of this engine.
- A £38,000 BMW M3 convertible car, which had been stolen in a commercial burglary in Leeds, was recovered in East Bowling.
- This lets workers do the convertible roof assembly, allowing convertibles to go down the same line as the sedans.
- Broadband internet access will be available for each student and all apartments will be readily convertible to a multitude of domestic layouts.
- This includes return flights from Dublin via Newark, 14 nights accommodation, six-day convertible car hire, taxes and insurance.
- And not only eminently convertible Victorian primaries are in trouble.
- The convertible segment represents 300,000 U.S. sales annually.
- Police say the weapons were seized as it is suspected that they breach the 1982 Firearms Act, which prohibits the selling of readily convertible blank firing weapons.
- They approached a convertible car recently left abandoned on the street, and both climbed in.
- Undoubtedly, his most ingenious wartime design was a convertible shipping crate for a Bofors 90 mm antiaircraft gun.
- Sometimes I think a retractable roof over the backyard would be a good idea: one that I could slide out when needed like a convertible car.
- One of my purchases was a convertible padded bra.
- Of course you get jealous of those people with nice convertible cars.
- There was a queen-size bed, convertible sofa, and pull-down bunk.
- Travis strolled down the main avenue leading to the Capital high rise watching the convertible cars fly overhead to avoid the street traffic.
- The three storey accommodation is easily convertible to a capacious yet intimate restaurant.
- Of interest to convertible die-hards will be the configuration of the roof which is in the process of being finalised.
- Police are working to stop the flow of convertible guns into Britain, but growing sales on uncontrolled internet sites are worrying.
- Some of the convertible cars speeding beneath us rode topless.
- A few days ago, the singer was driving in her convertible Mini Cooper with Sean in the back, facing forward - not a good idea says the State of California.
- Despite our country's uncertain climate - or maybe because of it - sales of convertible cars in Ireland have increased dramatically in recent years.
- After reassessing the project, the government decided to cancel the original design for a convertible roof.
- No payments will be paid for 3 years, and at that time it will be convertible into equity if he chooses (which he probably will).
- Should there be foldout or convertible sofa beds planned for any other rooms?
- But they can postpone the dilution if they add another condition, or contingency, to the standard convertible terms.
- Some of the larger German stadia include areas of convertible seating, introduced mainly because of the demands of Uefa and Fifa.
- Again the convertible mechanism varied from one sofa bed to another.
- There were many efforts to create convertible versions of the old Mini of years gone by, but all involved aftermarket conversions, some of which were pretty rough around the edges.
- They provided loans which were convertible to equity on certain conditions.
- Volvo safety engineers have perfected a head protection inflatable curtain for convertible cars which will appear in the next generation of the company's convertibles.
- There is projected growth in the convertible market in Europe.
- What's more, a coupe and a convertible version of the G6 are coming.
- After that, following the industry trend, a steel roof coupé / convertible model will be unveiled at the Frankfurt show in September.
- As I approach 40 I think it is high time I got myself the convertible car I've been dreaming of for 20 years.
- This would usually be a level-term policy with a convertible option which allows you the choice of renewing the life policy in the future, based on your health when you bought the initial term insurance.
1Motor vehiclesdescapotable masculineconvertible masculine Latin America
2US(sofa bed)sofá-cama masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.