In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1período de reflexión masculine
- The act proposed a cooling-off period before strikes could take place.
- They have applied to have their names taken off the wedding register, and have been given a three-month cooling-off period to try and work things out before their revocation of vows becomes effective.
- A cooling-off period is good in a dispute like this, which is unclear, and one of the things I think we're seeing is how increasingly bitter it is getting.
- The union has opted for a cooling-off period of three weeks before making its next move.
- This was granted, one assumes, in return for agreeing to keep the proceedings confidential for a suitable cooling-off period.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.