In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cooperación femininecolaboración femininecooperation with sb/sth — cooperación / colaboración con algn/algo
- your cooperation is appreciated — se agradece su colaboración
- Your co-operation is requested by the pastoral council in this worthwhile project.
- He thanked everyone for their co-operation and support during his time as senior development officer.
- Authorities have requested understanding and cooperation from consumers.
- We thank the symposium participants for their contributions and cooperation.
- He would not have been in a position to offer that degree of assistance or co-operation to Mr Sherwood if the other officers were still to be tried alongside him.
- She thanked her fellow officers and all the members for their support and cooperation.
- They want police to inform these gold shops of the proposal and request their cooperation.
- They requested the neighbours' co-operation in taking the daughter out for an hour or so, given prior notice.
- From this forum, I again request that understanding, cooperation and support.
- The effect of recent legislative changes means that the state can now extract much more co-operation from a suspect.
- He said that the British prime minister had given an assurance that the inquiry would receive the fullest possible co-operation.
- Your co-operation and assistance is appreciated and encouraged.
- The former minister is reported to have been informed that he might receive immunity in return for co-operation with the work of the inquiry.
- The accounting firm would be under strict terms of cooperation with federal prosecutors, the Times said.
- The organisers wish to thank all members, buyers, sponsors and supporters for their help and cooperation.
- You sideline friends and allies, whose cooperation could help preserve your security.
- The committee request your co-operation in the work being carried out.
- The police are requesting the public's cooperation in the search for the missing boy.
- The builders present in the meeting assured to extend all possible help and co-operation to city police, the release added.
- They also thank the collectors for their help and co-operation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.