In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Step 1: Place a sheet of transparency film and a sheet of copy paper in the bypass tray of the copier.
- Police seized about 50 video recorders and five multi-DVD copiers.
- Why do I have to have a lesson on how to work the copier, followed by proving I still don't know how to work it?
- Other initiatives include seeking investors in its inkjet printer business and selling its engineering systems business, which makes large-format copiers.
- If you put a page of paper on a copier, the copier will associate it with similar documents in your personal repository, in your work group's, or even on the Web.
- Publishers didn't make a serious attempt, by and large, to outlaw Xerox machines, or to try to legislate the inclusion of special capabilities that recognize and refuse to copy pages from published works into copiers.
- And, the agencies who serve that segment of the public are the least likely to have color printers / copiers by which to distribute the information to their clients.
- You'll find a limitless amount of information here, from how elevators, bikes and CD players work to centrifuges, Xerox copiers and, yes, even see-saws.
- As I had limited time to use a copier, I made a copy of papers that I may want to use, just in case.
- In the early days of the magazine, I wrote my editorials on an electric typewriter, and our only other machine was a copier.
- There's a kitchen, a conference room, an area with copiers and a little lounge where you can hold informal meetings.
- And he has peddled computers, copiers, and electronic switches.
- The survey includes energy used by all kinds of office machinery, including not only computers and their peripherals but also unrelated devices such as copiers and fax machines.
- It would shred documents as soon as they emerged from the copier, without the bother of distributing them to people who'd just throw them out anyway.
- For example, desktop copiers were moved out of office areas into copy rooms.
- Officials have asked individuals in the campus community to help save energy by turning off computers, monitors, printers, fax machines, copiers, lights and other equipment and appliances whenever possible.
- All-in-one devices - scanners, copiers and printers in one machine - are pretty popular these days.
- Jared kept his eyes on the copier, focusing as the feeder took the documents.
- However, he is anxious not to give the impression that his salespeople are now selling computer systems instead of copiers.
- Document encryption at the copier helps safeguard confidential information before it is transmitted across the network.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.