In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In addition, we produce or co-produce two to three television movies a year, to help demonstrate that there is an audience for family friendly programming.
- He has since co-produced ice skating shows and series for American television.
- It is based on a play by Tom Stoppard, who has also directed and co-produced it.
- This programme has been co-produced by the presenter Chris Green and David Conn.
- He has a thorough knowledge of the children's market place and considerable experience of buying and co-producing both live action and animation.
- Cast details have yet to be announced for the production, which will be co-produced with Dublin's Gate Theatre.
- Additional episodes were co-produced by the network.
- He was Editor of the Polish Service and the producer of a major BBC radio series co-produced with Radio Russia.
- They are co-producing a documentary film about the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua.
- Newfield co-produced a documentary about Robinson for HBO in 1998.
- BBC Chinese has teamed up with Shanghai East Radio News Channel to co-produce its first ever radio debate in Shanghai.
- Though a low budget film, its promos were continuously aired by Asianet, which co-produced the film.
- And now Michael Whaley has rediscovered her and co-produced the musical he co-wrote with Steve Mackes.
- In effect, CNN worked with the U.S. government to co-produce the program.
- In addition to the novel, she co-produced a documentary movie.
- Miller, who also co-produced the movie, describes the shoot as ‘deceptively difficult.’
- She dedicated a song to my mentor Kim who also co-produced the festival.
- At least part of the criticism seems to be down to the fact that MTV co-produced the film.
- The half-hour-long syndicated show that Smith co-produces pulls stories from his site's 35 million members.
- As well she is an independent film-maker, co-producing her first documentary for broadcast on ABC television in the second half of 2003.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.