In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If it was previously in doubt, we now know that unmarried sexual partners can copulate without going to prison.
- Most species perform prelaying courtship feeding, which conflicts with mate guarding, and copulate frequently.
- Third, males may attempt to copulate with their social mate as frequently as possible to win the sperm competition battle.
- However they are not expected to love them, just copulate with them.
- As adults, men look at porn because they are, ‘unnaturally’ one might say, hormonally driven to copulate with multiple partners but unable to do so.
- Emlen and his colleagues discovered that in three out of four cases, the female copulated with multiple mates and, in these cases, most broods included chicks that were not sired by the nest-male.
- In the sexual race, worms have hermaphroditic sexual organs, and copulate and then lay cocoons filled with several fertilized eggs.
- Pairing copulations are preceded by females indicating their willingness to copulate by adopting the receptive position; females lie flat in the water to allow the male to mount.
- In the case of humans, the last male to copulate would be in a position to displace the semen left by previous males before inseminating the female with his own semen.
- Males typically respond to persistent female sexual initiation by mounting and copulating with the female.
- Also, males cannot force females to copulate as copulation is only possible when the female assumes a horizontal body posture.
- We observed the pair's behaviors continuously until the snails either became unreceptive, achieved mutual copulation, or were separated before copulating.
- Males carrying the more common allele sired a greater proportion of offspring when they were the second to mate, but females were more likely to re-mate after copulating with these males.
- Unwanted but unwilling to accept defeat, and whining loudly from neighboring trees whenever the couple was copulating, the three rivals attacked Donald one at a time.
- It's that plain and simple: find a mate, copulate, produce offspring, raise it, set it off into the world when the time comes, retire. That's what the Unromantics say.
- So if we have one man and one woman who copulate in the standard way, and not in any kind of other way that we find troubling, then they can raise children.
- It is very rare for already mated females to copulate on the sly with males who are socially subordinate to their current mates.
- In the laboratory, golden egg bugs copulate repeatedly, with copulations often lasting [greater than] 10 hours.
- Displacement of the resident male lasted only until the neighboring animal had copulated with the female; after copulation, the neighboring animal returned to the area in which he was usually active.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.