In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1copyright masculinederechos de reproducciónto hold the copyright on sth — tener el copyright / los derechos de algo
- it comes out of copyright next year — el copyright vence / los derechos vencen el año que viene
1this film is copyright — esta película está protegida por copyright
1obtener el copyright deregistrar los derechos de
- In most countries, organisations have been created which control the exercise of copyright in performing and recording rights.
- They claimed that his new material infringed their copyright on some of his old songs.
- Every modern legal judgment concerning copyright, from the Berne Convention to the Betamax case, is on my side.
- When creativity is stifled by copyright, the original intention of the law is lost.
- The possession of copyright in published material may also lead to a conclusion of dominance if the relevant market is drawn tightly.
- Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration.
- Sometimes when copyright on a film expires, all sorts of stakeholders come forward.
- It compels the sharing of that amount between the owner of copyright in the artistic work and the owner of copyright in the literary work.
- We think of creative work as a purely human thing, and wrap invention in mystery and legal monopoly of copyrights and patents.
- Some universities claim outright copyright on any materials produced by academic staff.
- But for the vast majority of musical artists, their copyrights are a woefully inadequate tool for leveraging their way to a mass audience.
- This sort of thing is entirely acceptable in the pop world, as long as the end result does not infringe the original copyright.
- The legal system protects intellectual property through patents and copyright.
- Unlike copyright, patents give holders exclusive rights to a technology for a set number of years.
- The most common argument in favour of the distribution of exclusive copyrights is that they provide an incentive for artists and scientists to create their works.
- Please be sure all reprints retain the original copyright, source, and author name.
- This could be sound, pictures, movies or texts that have no copyright, in legal terms.
- Standards New Zealand came and explained the legal implications around copyright.
- Now they seem to think that out of print and out of copyright are the same thing.
- One good reason to register is to establish a public record of your copyright.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.