In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(substance)coral masculine(island) coralino(island) de coral(necklace) de coral
- The jewellery is made from materials, such as coral, quartz and crystals.
- The traditional headdress has a wooden framework covered with coral, pearls, amber, and turquoise.
- The week-long event focuses on protecting the world's coral reefs and marine ecosystems and educating divers on their role in conservation efforts.
- Their red locks and adornments of coral and pearls flounder on the pitch and whirl of the waves which augment the writhe of their seasnake legs.
- I fingered it and put it back; then I took a pearl necklace with a coral shell in the center.
- Kai Tia Island, situated in the Toey Ngam Bay, is an important habitat for coral reefs and marine life and is also considered a spiritually sacred place.
- In return he was presented with a string of coral beads.
- Earrings made of black metal with American diamonds embedded, chains made of gunmetal, coral and jade and pearl bangles add to the gaiety.
- The rest of the island is characterized by beautiful sandy beaches, coral reefs, warm clear blue waters and idyllic islands.
- For years, coral reefs and marine life have helped define the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as an international tourist destination.
- With its blue waters, white-sand beaches, and pristine coral reefs, Zamami Island off Okinawa looks like paradise.
- Leave winter behind for warm sandy beaches, coral reefs, and bright turquoise waters filled with colorful fish.
- The clean up activity was directed towards collecting whatever litter was found on the ocean floor around Larn Island's coral reefs.
- This includes opals, turquoise, malachite, pearls, amber, coral, shells, and similar soft or porous materials.
- Once in Lhasa I tried to buy a turquoise necklace off a very attractive young woman with high red cheekbones and coral beads in her plaited hair.
- Over the long run, the greatest threat facing coral reefs may be warmer waters due to global warming.
- Police said seven tourist boats sail every day from Tungkang to the small island, which boasts coral reefs and rich marine life.
- Ciguatera poison is made by a microscopic organism that attaches itself to algae growing in the warm waters of coral reefs.
- Made up of more than 1,000 coral reef islands, the Maldives itself is a magic place created by the Gods.
- She had done up her hair as was befitting royalty, and had placed a wreath of duskbloomers, a soft purple flower, intertwined with coral and pearls as a crown.
- The sculptures are made of copper and silver decorated with coral, pearl, crystal and stone and are often set on a heart-shaped base.
- These include jet (fossil wood), amber (fossil tree resin), coral, pearl, and ivory.
- The sea around Mafia is a tropical Marine Park ranging from coral reefs, sea-grass beds, mangroves and inter-tidal flats.
- The icon of Manjusri remains in the background, placed on an ordinary table, adjacent to other precious things, such as a branch of coral.
- The area is known as the coral coast and you'll find numerous small shops in Alghero devoted to flogging coral jewellery.
- ‘She said when the boat had been going out there were little islands and coral reefs in sight, on the way back they were all swamped by water,’ said Mrs Needham.
- Her closed eyes were smeared with a gold makeup across the lids, and a double loop of pink, possibly coral beads fell loosely around her neck.
- It can be any precious stone, such as turquoise or coral - not ordinary ones you would find on the ground.
- Beyond, near-shore islands and coral reefs provided shelter for an array of terrestrial and marine life.
- Shallow-water and deep-water coral reefs reveal beautiful marine life.
- Ruby, sapphire, emerald, opal, coral, and pearl are found in abundance.
- The depletion of coral reef habitats and marine aquarium fishes has presented a relatively new market in aquaculture.
- Even marginally warmer seas will bleach, and then kill, coral reefs, which sustain the greater part of marine biodiversity.
- The precious ingredients, ivory, coral, amber and crystal, have a distinctly magical aura - precious medicine for a precious child.
- The pieces on this page - not to scale - are only the tip of the mountain of crystal, coral, bead, shell, pearl and sequin baubles available out there for summer.
- Promotions will also be designed to protect the islands' coral reefs, waters and beaches.
- Fancy taking your love for a moonlit swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean, or exploring some of the island's most beautiful coral reefs hand in hand?
- The world's most biologically diverse marine ecosystems, coral reefs are critical to the health of the oceans.
2(color)coral masculinecolor coral masculine
- Depending on the variety, the flowers are shell-pink or deep coral.
- The camellia family displays pinks in all their many shades, from coral to dark cerise.
- Her dress was sky blue and coral colored that was bell shaped at the bottom.
- Nem had stopped to pull something out of the water, but it proved difficult since the pearly pink and coral white object was buried halfway in the moist sand.
- No, strong colours such as turquoise or deep coral (another obvious summer choice) often work better as accessories.
- An African woman's beautiful beaded corset in coral, blues, and white was worn while she stood all day with a pitcher of water on her head as a sign she was ready to endure the rigours of married life.
- Grey is out in favour of coral, mint green, lilac and navy and white.
- It comes in a rainbow of glowing colors: sunny yellow, sassy orange, vivid red, flaming coral, hot pink, and deep fuchsia.
- I absolutely forbid you to wear your coral stilettos with your beige suit!
- Other striking varieties feature apricot, scarlet, or coral blossoms framed with lacy white or creamy edges.
- On its chest is an explosion of scarlet, an unforgettable hue deeper than coral but brighter than ruby.
- Jewel colours such as coral and emerald-green showed up often on runways last week, and shoppers should expect to see them in a few months in stores everywhere.
- A swipe of rosy lip-gloss and coral colored cheeks completed their Cheerleader Barbie look.
- Barber suggests a coloured lip balm, in coral or fuchsia, waterproof mascara, fun coloured pencils and a tint with SPF.
- The key colours are bright coral, various shades of purple, peach and green.
- Flower color combines red, coral and white; height is 6 inches to nearly 3 feet.
- Lotus, a small Lotus-Fairy with short white hair and coral pink skin sprinkled with golden pollen.
- Would you choose black, or red, which may imply a tendency towards being daring, dangerous, erotic, or would you choose something more subdued or fun like sky blue or coral?
- Cyclamen flower petals range in colors from pink to white, coral, red, purple, and also a wide array of bicolors.
- Once shed, the falling leaves reveal bright coral red tints to all the younger stems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.