In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Near the White House, The Oval Room has introduced a BYO Wine Night on Saturday, waiving the corkage fee.
- By the way, Matt said you can BYO for a small corkage charge only.
- Mains range from 11.50-16.50, and it is BYO only, with a $1.50 corkage charge per person.
- The drink list is minimal, but you can bring your own wine and there is no corkage charge.
- With their $11 tax cut they can look forward to being able to splash out on the corkage at Scully's.
- Dinner costs £27.50, and corkage for wine is £1 per bottle.
- Dunne & Crescenzi is more an eatery than a restaurant and is offering good value in all sorts of areas, like corkage at €3 and set menus.
- Arrive at La Romantica before 7.30 pm and you can bring your own wine - there is no corkage fee - and choose any pizza or pasta for £4.95.
- Kazu is also BYO, but be warned, corkage is a little steep at $5 a bottle (only slightly cheaper than the wine my esteemed colleagues and I provided…).
- Besides being able to buy mixed drinks, beer and 50 wines by the glass at the bar, you can buy any bottle of wine in the store at cost plus tax and a $7 corkage fee and drink it at the bar.
- Hotels charge corkage for opening and serving the wine which invariably means it costs the same as the house wine.
- The delightful feature of this establishment is that you can buy a bottle of wine, wander through to the trendy bar and have it served to you in Riedel glasses (the world's finest) without corkage.
- Reluctant to rub the politico's son the wrong way, the management allowed him to use the bar without charging corkage.
- You can bring your own wine without paying a corkage fee.
- They said there would be a $10 corkage for each bottle, but in our case, that was waived after the first bottle.
- Wine can be purchased from the shop and enjoyed at the restaurant for a small corkage fee.
- Most will permit patrons to bring their own wine upon payment of a corkage fee, if the request is made in appropriate fashion.
- But ask about corkage fees and make sure they will provide glasses, coolers and a suitable storage area for advance deliveries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.