1(cereal crop)masculine granomasculine maíz USmasculine trigo Britishfeminine avena
- The surrounding farmers raise sugar beets, corn, and sunflowers for oil.
- Push the corn kernels to the side of the pan; add the sugar and allow the sugar to caramelize.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- I waded through enough surf-and-turfs and enough creamed corn to last a lifetime.
- As she walked into the kitchen The Captain was just in the process of heaping handfuls of the kernels into the corn popper that was already heated up.
- In a pot, bring cream, milk and corn to a boil.
- The Pomak economy is based on agriculture and their major crops include rye, barley, corn, flax, potatoes and tobacco.
- Using a grater set over a bowl, grate the corn kernels off the cobs.
- The major agricultural products are wheat, rice, barley, corn, sorghum, sugarcane, potatoes, and fruits.
- Add the corn kernels and simmer until tender, about five minutes.
- Steer away from safflower, sunflower, corn and sesame oils, as well as polyunsaturated vegetable oils.
- Spittlebugs especially like strawberries, corn and legumes.
- Had my child not been in my arms, I probably would have dragged you out of your cart and shoved my ear of hot buttered corn down your red neck.
- They grow lettuce, corn, parsley, sugar cane, rice and radishes.
- They also eat grains such as Chinese sorghum, corn, millet, oats, and buckwheat.
- There were separate spoons for soup, corn, and ice cream.
- Crops produced by these projects include mahango, maize, groundnuts, corn, cotton and various vegetables.
- Zein is a corn protein making up about half of the protein found in the corn kernel.
- As a youngster and teenager, I grew up on a big farm in the country where my father grew large crops of sugar beets, potatoes, corn, and alfalfa every year.
- Two ears of Long Island corn, slathered in butter and salt.
- This year Neville won 18 first and second place prizes for his grasses, which include maize, clover, corn, wheat and many more grown on his farm at Caniaba.
- Peas, beans or carrots also formed part of the diet, plus corn, i.e. oats or maize.
- His challenge was to eat creamed corn and cod liver oil.
- Popcorn has never tasted so good to Lavonne Sanders, an entrepreneur who has turned popping golden kernels of corn into a lucrative business venture.
- Amta payments are available for barley, corn, upland cotton, oats, rice, sorghum, and wheat.
- Cover the kernels with the corn stock by one inch, reserving the remaining stock for the garnish.
- Polyunsaturated oils, such as flax, corn, hemp, safflower, sesame and sunflower, have at least two gaps.
- I look over at Mory, who is pushing around a corn kernel with her fork.
- To a European, corn covers all the cereal crops - wheat, barley, oat, and so on.
- He has three agricultural centres growing rice, corn, maize and peanuts.
- Indigenous Mexicans believe that God created humanity from an ear of corn and call themselves ‘people of maize’.
- Add the corn kernels, garlic, and shallot and sauté until tender, about 30 seconds.
- Christopher says his biggest failure was cream corn.
- Lin served Lannie; dinner consisted of roast beef, cream corn, beans, mashed potatoes and a tall glass of tropical Kool-aid.
- The moisture inside the corn kernels was expanding, violently bursting out of the hard shells.
- By sticking an ear of dried corn on top, he lured squirrels to charge up the board and then spin around for a dizzying ride.
2(foodstuff)maíz masculinechoclo masculine South America(syrup/oil) de maíz
3informal(hackneyed sentiments)sensiblería femininecursilería feminine
- The appetite audiences have for sentimental corn should never be underestimated.
- God, will I forever be forced to deal with this massive amount of cheese and corn from now on…?
- Alexander's Ragtime Band is pure corn but rather tasty all the same.
1(on toe)callo masculineto tread on sb's corns — poner el dedo en la llaga
- before noun corn plaster — emplasto para callos
- See your regular doctor or a foot-care specialist for calluses, corns, bunions or warts.
- She wore cheap tennis shoes with holes cut out for corns or bunions, something painful.
- That Bo Jackson, he can do anything, I once went to a brunch with him and my feet were covered with corns and after a handshake with him they were gone.
- Deepika is my foot guru who, in half an hour, will transform my unattractive foot complete with corns, calluses and untidy-looking toes into a thing of beauty.
- Maybe they would have given me blisters or bunions or corns.
- A variety of products are available over-the-counter for the treatment of common foot problems, such as athlete's foot, onychomycosis, foot pain, corns, warts and bunions.
- Common problems are bunions, hammer toes, corns and pain in the balls of the feet.
- See your doctor if you have foot pain or corns, or if you can't trim your toenails well.
- The accessories that come with it: corns, hammertoes, bunions, ingrown toe nails, calluses, and the list goes on.
- From my 25th year, I have been suffering from corns on the feet.
- Metatarsal pads can also be used to change the alignment of the toes to relieve pressure on soft corns.
- Bunions, blisters and corns sound gruesome - and they are.
- In addition, soaking your feet in warm water or with Epsom salts can alleviate painful corns and calluses.
- But Mrs Ruthven warns the fad could lead to corns, bunions, calluses, claw toes, hammer toes - even arthritis and lower back problems.
- How many corns, bunions, ingrowing toenails, pads of rock-hard skin and blisters are hidden away under tights and woolly socks?
- Most boot related injuries are the same injuries that wearing any tight, stiff shoe can cause, meaning corns, calluses, blisters, and bone spurs.
- On the toes, reactions to a pressure point are called corns.
- His feet did not sweat normally and he had huge corns over his weight-bearing areas of the big toe, the heel, and the heads of the deep bones of the toes.
- Wearing improperly fitting shoes on a daily basis causes foot problems such as calluses, corns, hammertoes, bunions, and more.
- By choosing appropriate footwear and keeping feet free of blisters, calluses and corns, we increase the body's general well being.