In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was routine to eat one corn dog, then half of the waffle fries, most of the mac & cheese, then the rest of the fries, followed by the second corndog and lastly the rest of the mac & cheese.
- I am heading to the royal snack bar for a corn dog.
- ‘She left what she thought was a sufficient amount of frozen food, like TV dinners, corn dogs and pizza bagel bites, in the freezer for the seven-year-old to microwave,’ Loomis said.
- I had cheese curds (like fried cheese sticks), roasted corn, a corn dog and ice cream.
- On the left, John Kerry chats at the fair while balancing a corn dog in his hand.
- And for the junk food junkies there was soda, pizza, corn dogs, hamburgers, French fries and chips provided as well.
- Totally absorbed by the moment he concentrated on, what to him was, the most important thing in the world - getting the right amount of mustard on his corn dog.
- This was the first time in my life that I tasted a corn dog.
- And let me tell you that I consider macaroni and cheese, and frozen corn dogs heated in the oven as ‘cooking’.
- There, they are assured, the meal of choice is the Dog's Breath corn dog.
- Emile shrugged and returned to the unidentifiable slop that was trying - and failing miserably - to pass itself off as a corn dog.
- Go to the mall and gorge yourself on anything at the food court that comes on a stick: corn dogs, kabobs, caramel apples and Big Macs (I'm sure they'll put one on a stick if you ask).
- Sometimes for days or weeks in a row they serve the same food, like macaroni, corn dogs, small burgers, and cheese pizza.
- I spent all my money on food (a corn dog, lemonade, and two-entrée meal from Panda Express; I was really hungry).
- You just devoured half my corn dog and now you're after even more food!
- He's not into these things anymore; now he snacks on veggie burritos, soy corn dogs, and crackers with mustard and cheese.
- One person enjoyed a corn dog without the carb-laden exterior.
- So I did the only things I could… I washed clothes, made veggie corn dogs, read my roommate's People Magazine, and pondered the ultimate fallibility of mankind.
- It's rare, however, to see an American dish - apple pie, say, or the corn dog - exported elsewhere and rewired in a distinctively foreign way.
- Imagine this if you would be so kind: you are walking down the street just minding your own business and you spot a corn dog on the ground.
salchicha frita rebozada con harina de maíz
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.