1maizena feminine trademark
- Beat whites with caster sugar till stiff, sift icing sugar and cornflour together and fold into egg white mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, if the sauce is too runny you can add a tablespoon of cornflour to thicken.
- You may need to thicken the sauce slightly - if so, use cornflour mixed to a paste with cold water.
- Add the cornflour mixed with rice wine, and bring to the boil, stirring gently until the sauce thickens.
- Blend the sugar, soy sauce, sherry and cornflour together.
- Cut the beef into thin strips and marinate in sesame oil, cornflour, garlic, and half the soy sauce and rice wine.
- Marinate chicken in soya sauce and cornflour and leave for ten mins.
- Here a good Chinese chilli sauce such as Lee Kum Kee will add necessary warmth, while the marinade of cornflour, sesame oil and rice wine or dry sherry tenderises the meat and supplies a thickening agent for the sauce.
- Sift the sugar and cornflour together, and set aside.
- Cornmeal and polenta are not the same thing as cornstarch or cornflour.
- Essentially it is a light, full-flavoured gravy, thickened in the traditional manner with cornflour.
- To keep it simple, serve the juice just like that, or thicken it with a little slaked cornflour.
- Sauces made from tomatoes, onions and olive oil or white sauces made from soya milk and cornflour were suggested as an accompaniment to evening meals.
- Sift in the flour, cornflour and ginger, blend briefly until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Both sauces looked identical and both were glutinous and shiny as if thickening had been quickened with the addition of cornflour rather than by reduction.
- Mix in the macaroni, tomato pulp, onion, chillies, cornflour, milk, pepper and salt.
- Mix cornflour and water to a paste and stir into meat mixture.
- A rations-era store cupboard would have contained the likes of flour, cornflour, baking powder, Oxo and salt.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks, another 40g of castor sugar, cornflour, plain flour and the remaining milk together in a bowl until smooth.