In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1harina de maíz feminine
- Products like cornmeal, baking soda and cornstarch are also not allowed.
- It is not the same as cornmeal or maize meal, which are relatively whole flours containing most of the maize grain.
- It is flavored with garlic or onion, and thickened with rice or cornmeal dumplings called Bori.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
- My grandmother, of course, cooked them - lightly breaded in cornmeal - and we feasted.
- Built in 1846, the mill processed flour and cornmeal back in the valley's early days.
- If you are using pizza dough, form it into two round pizza crusts, using cornmeal instead of flour to prevent it from sticking.
- These tortillas come in two flavors as well, plain corn and red chili-flavored cornmeal.
- Zimbabwean hosts feed 6,000 people rice and cornmeal porridge twice daily from black cooking pots lined up on the conference grounds.
- The dough can derive from cornmeal, flour, potatoes, or green bananas.
- In another medium mixing-bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour and baking powder.
- For the foie gras pancakes, in a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and cornmeal.
- Meal components such as cornmeal, salt fish, and salt beef were supplied to the original plantation labor forces.
- For breakfast people may eat porridge made of cornmeal or oatmeal, cereal, or bread and tea.
- Drop each piece on a tray liberally dusted with rice flour or cornmeal and roll them over until well coated.
- It can be long-grain or wild rice, grits, bulgur, cornmeal muffins, or even popcorn.
- The oysters, fried in a fine-textured breading instead of the usual Gulf Coast cornmeal, fairly popped with juices.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Combine butter with cornmeal and rub into flour.
- Dip the sweetbread pieces in buttermilk, liberally coat with the seasoned cornmeal mix and sear on all sides until golden brown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.