In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USmaizena feminine trademark
- Beat butter and mascarpone in a bowl until mixed, add sugar, vanilla and cornstarch.
- Transfer one cup of the mix to a medium bowl, whisk in the cornstarch, and set aside.
- Mix the egg, salt, white pepper, and two tablespoons of the cornstarch in a medium to large bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, apple juice concentrate, and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, and heavy cream.
- Return to the heat; bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch slurry, whisking constantly.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk in soda water until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, egg, maple syrup, and cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Toss beef with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt, sugar and soy sauce and pepper in a glass bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, preferably one with a heavy bottom, whisk the eggs, sugar, and cornstarch together.
- Combine cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and enough water to make batter the consistency of light cream.
- When the egg whites are very stiff, add the cornstarch and the vanilla, whisking a few more turns, until firm peaks can be formed.
- Combine your dry ingredients (sugar, cornstarch, salt) in a separate bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch with the remaining ¼ cup water, and stir it into the cranberry mixture.
- The cornstarch and the sugar will thicken it into a luscious sauce as it cooks.
- Add the cornstarch and lime juice, whisking constantly.
- Bring the remaining sauce to a boil, add the cornstarch and simmer until thick, stirring constantly.
- In bowl, whisk together yolks, milk powder, sugar and cornstarch until pale and increased in volume.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.