In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(song/movie) cursi(movie/song) sensiblero
- Admittedly, it errs a little on the corny side, but it's hard to say whether that's really a fault in a movie of this kind.
- It is rare for a movie to bring such a feeling to the viewer without coming off as corny or overly sentimental.
- Set in the showbiz circuit of the 1940s, it charmed critics with its corny jokes.
- When I read again what I wrote over a week ago, it does look a little stupid or corny.
- It may sound trite, cliche, corny, even, but I would like to thank my parents.
- There's nothing corny about her sentimental soul - the music has classic written all over it.
- It was part of our determination not be corny, to be different.
- I just hope that if he campaigns he keeps the corny Terminator lines to a minimum.
- He makes lots of corny jokes, and tries to explain stuff in terms we'll understand.
- Yeah, they play well off of each other, but I can't help feeling like it's a corny chemistry at best.
- The children pulled crackers and we read corny jokes to each other.
- Hey now, any guy likes to be served by a cute waitress smiling and laughing at all your corny jokes, it just makes you feel good.
- You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends.
- And it may sound cheesy or corny, but I really remember the movies that I went to see with my whole family.
- The character voices are superbly done and there are rarely any corny lines or jokes in the game.
- You can't watch that stuff and not know that this, in that corny phrase, was the big one.
- The voiceovers for some of the lesser characters are also at times corny, even if the main cast are much better.
- If we were feeling corny we'd say The Middle Kingdom is a book about a woman who, by discovering China, discovers herself.
- If you can overlook the corny moments and cheesy dialogue, then this has atmosphere and energy to spare.
- This production makes fun of this corny stage convention by not even trying to cast actors who look similar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.