In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corolario masculinecorollary of / to sth — corolario de algo
- This theorem gave, as a corollary, the complete structure of all finite projective geometries.
- This had the remarkable corollary that non-euclidean geometry was consistent if and only if euclidean geometry was consistent.
- The fan theorem is, in fact, a corollary of the bar theorem; combined with the continuity principle, which is not classically valid, it yields the continuity theorem.
- As a corollary to this theorem Higman proved the existence of a universal finitely presented group containing every finitely presented group as a subgroup.
- For these angles, the contradiction used to prove the corollary does not arise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.