In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With the face of the Sun blocked by the Moon during a solar eclipse, the corona shines with the brightness of a full Moon.
- But the corona owes its origin to diffraction rather than refraction.
- Another effect that is caused by the interaction of the sun and water droplets, is the corona.
- As the brilliant Sun is covered by the Moon, the pearly corona flashes into view, the sky darkens, and all of nature seems to come to a halt.
- He is noted for verifying Einstein's theory that light is slightly distorted in the area of the solar corona.
- Like the chromosphere, the corona can only be seen by eye during a total eclipse, although there are other technical ways to observe it between times.
- A circle around the sun or moon that is smaller than a halo with a 22-degree radius, is probably a corona.
- It is when the Sun is totally eclipsed that the solar corona is visible.
- For the professional astronomers, the main subject of inquiry was the solar corona.
- Ground-based telescopes observed a large increase in gases making up the comet's corona, including water vapour.
2(of skull, tooth)corona feminine
3also corona dischargePhysicsdescarga de corona feminine
- For instance, a corona that is typically 5.5 x 42 means that the cigar measures 5.5 inches in length and 42/60ths of an inch in diameter.
- Eventually all the beautiful people were puffing robustos and coronas while schmoozing, partying and sauntering among the paparazzi.
- I dropped the corona and it caught on the curtain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.