In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1infarto (de miocardio) masculinetrombosis coronaria feminineI nearly had a coronary when she told me — cuando me lo dijo casi me da un ataque / un infarto
- The drug was most commonly prescribed to treat coronary artery disease and following coronary stent placement.
- Tests show that he has severe coronary artery disease and needs coronary by-pass surgery.
- Still, some patients with coronary calcium have arteries that are partially blocked, restricting blood flow to the heart muscle during stress.
- The cause of coronary heart disease is a narrowing of the arteries that supply the heart with blood.
- Your doctor will likely prescribe medications to prevent blood clots, relax your arteries and protect against coronary spasms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.