In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1funcionario encargado de investigar las causas de muertes violentas, repentinas o sospechosasjuez de instrucción masculine
- At an inquest last month the coroner said a police inquiry should be held.
- These will likely lead to a coroner's inquest to determine the cause of the one fatality.
- The families have secured a commitment from the government that a coroner's inquest will be held into the deaths.
- The men are suspended at present and still face possible disciplinary proceedings as well as a coroner's inquest.
- At the inquest into the deaths the coroner had criticised fire safety standards in British furniture.
- Officers are investigating what happened on behalf of the coroner, before an inquest takes place.
- There has been no request from a coroner to investigate a suspicious death.
- Police are preparing a report for the coroner and an inquest will be held.
- The function of the coroner's inquest is to establish the cause of death, not to apportion blame.
- The circumstances of the two deaths will be passed to the coroner so that inquests can be held.
- At her inquest, the coroner recorded an open verdict because he was not convinced she intended to kill herself.
- It has been referred to the coroner for the inquest to go ahead.
- If the State pathologist confirms a death is due to unnatural causes the coroner must hold an inquest by law.
- Officers from the police and fire services are compiling a report which will be passed to the coroner for an inquest.
- The matter has now been referred to the coroner and an inquest into the death will be held in due course.
- Mr Fell consulted coroners around Britain and has been told of another death in Liverpool, last year, where it is claimed that a staple gun misfired.
- The Cumbrian police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the coroner had been informed.
- Dame Janet said that in the minds of coroners, if a death was not immediately identified as suspicious, it will be found to be due to natural causes.
- Police have ruled out suspicious circumstances and the matter has been passed to the coroner for an inquest.
- The full police file would be passed to the coroner for an inquest.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.