In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(action)corrosión femininethe corrosion of the human spirit — la degradación del espíritu humano
- Also, avoid adding chloride to mortar or grout; soluble chlorides accelerate corrosion.
- Mortar with high concentrations of chloride ions accelerates corrosion of the embedded steel.
- The chemicals form 3 basic layers inside aimed at delaying corrosion and oxidation.
- Coatings such as zinc and tin provide protection against corrosion.
- This is because the iron electrode is more susceptible to corrosion and to self-discharge on standing.
- The heat pipe technology still forms the basis of its design: the pipes are nickel-plated copper, designed to prevent corrosion.
- The inside lining of all tanks has been sand-blasted to prevent corrosion.
- In most cases the metals used to coat or form the decorative threads are extremely thin, and corrosion can sometimes erode the filament entirely.
- Not all research on corrosion, however, is oriented toward its prevention.
- A relatively recent use for sodium benzoate is as a corrosion inhibitor in engine coolant systems.
- It's two inches across on all sides, and it's lined on the inside with a chemical that prevents corrosion.
- Ruthenium adds hardness and resistance to corrosion to such alloys.
- In high-humidity areas, regularly wipe the blades with a light coating of oil to prevent rust or corrosion.
- This will ward off corrosion and prevent the cap cracking under normal dive depth pressures.
- It is the element most commonly added to steel because it increases the strength and resistance to corrosion of steel.
- The effect of low levels of alloying additions on the soil corrosion of carbon steels is modest.
- Painting is the only way to prevent corrosion, but this is expensive and time consuming.
- Metals are often treated by electrolysis, which reverses corrosion by linking them to an anode.
- Tin is less reactive than the metal it covers, protecting the underlying metal from corrosion.
- Manganese is added to an alloy to increase hardness and improve resistance to corrosion and mechanical shock.
2(substance)herrumbre feminineorín masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.