In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(action)corrosión femininethe corrosion of the human spirit — la degradación del espíritu humano
- Metals are often treated by electrolysis, which reverses corrosion by linking them to an anode.
- Tin is less reactive than the metal it covers, protecting the underlying metal from corrosion.
- The heat pipe technology still forms the basis of its design: the pipes are nickel-plated copper, designed to prevent corrosion.
- This is because the iron electrode is more susceptible to corrosion and to self-discharge on standing.
- Mortar with high concentrations of chloride ions accelerates corrosion of the embedded steel.
- Coatings such as zinc and tin provide protection against corrosion.
- Not all research on corrosion, however, is oriented toward its prevention.
- In most cases the metals used to coat or form the decorative threads are extremely thin, and corrosion can sometimes erode the filament entirely.
- Manganese is added to an alloy to increase hardness and improve resistance to corrosion and mechanical shock.
- The chemicals form 3 basic layers inside aimed at delaying corrosion and oxidation.
- Ruthenium adds hardness and resistance to corrosion to such alloys.
- Painting is the only way to prevent corrosion, but this is expensive and time consuming.
- A relatively recent use for sodium benzoate is as a corrosion inhibitor in engine coolant systems.
- Also, avoid adding chloride to mortar or grout; soluble chlorides accelerate corrosion.
- The inside lining of all tanks has been sand-blasted to prevent corrosion.
- In high-humidity areas, regularly wipe the blades with a light coating of oil to prevent rust or corrosion.
- This will ward off corrosion and prevent the cap cracking under normal dive depth pressures.
- It is the element most commonly added to steel because it increases the strength and resistance to corrosion of steel.
- It's two inches across on all sides, and it's lined on the inside with a chemical that prevents corrosion.
- The effect of low levels of alloying additions on the soil corrosion of carbon steels is modest.
2(substance)herrumbre feminineorín masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.