In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Physiology Pharmacologycortisona feminine
- Other treatments include applying an anthralin cream or ointment, cortisone creams, or a minoxidil solution.
- People who are constantly under stress have a high level of hormones like cortisone and adrenalin in their blood.
- They may also administer intravenous antihistamines and cortisone to reduce inflammation of your air passages and improve your breathing.
- Pregnancy hormones and increased cortisone cause this type of hair growth during pregnancy.
- Stress, physical or mental, results in an increase in the level of ‘fighting’ hormones in the body, like adrenalin and cortisone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.