In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dust/rays) cósmicoan event of cosmic significance — un acontecimiento de suma importancia
- Here the human form becomes formless and merges into the cosmic void.
- Astronomers say that the six-way cosmic lens will reveal new information about how galaxies interact with each other.
- As the cyclic activity of our solar orbit governs all life on earth, so our cosmic orbit governs all life in the solar system.
- Copernicus's removal of the Earth from that cosmic pit was not a demotion but a promotion.
- They are weaker than cosmic and galactic rays, and tend to get buffeted around like clouds of manic dandelion spores on the solar wind.
- Our bodies are made from interstellar dust which is the remains of ancient dead stars, cosmic debris and galactic particles.
- They were studying variations that have been detected in the cosmic microwave background.
- This gas forms part of a gigantic system of hot gas and dark matter that defines the cosmic landscape.
- The circumference of the Earth isn't great in cosmic terms, and neither is the speed of an airplane.
- On the latter view, he is little more than a cog in the universal machine - a cosmic accident, a jumped-up germ.
- It all adds up to a huge mess of cosmic change, collectively called galaxy evolution.
- It's not like taking a wee chunk out of one of the thousands bobbing around the solar system is some kind of cosmic vandalism.
- Maybe that unity on earth will make Albert Einstein a very happy camper as he looks at earth from his eternal cosmic home?
- The cosmic microwave background radiation contains billions of photons for every baryon.
- So even after their best attempts to renovate our cosmic home, most of the Universe still remained elusive.
- Most of the universe is behind the cosmic horizon and cannot be directly detected.
- This bubble protected us from the dusty cosmic debris that shoots through space beyond the Solar System.
- However, a close examination reveals several forces at work to create this beautiful cosmic object.
- However, on cosmic scales this pulsar is very much in our neighbourhood.
- There's nothing like seeing the splendour of our galaxy spread across the cosmic bowl.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.