In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In turn, that led to the birth of a whole new science, cosmology, that gave us most of our modern ideas of the creation of the universe itself.
- It focuses on cosmology and astronomy, and on Earth's place in the universe.
- For two decades the idea that matter is made up of tiny strings, rather than point-like particles, has dominated cosmology.
- The Hubble Deep Field images have made some of the greatest impacts on observational cosmology so far.
- Compared to physics and astronomy, cosmology is a young science.
- When I began research, the two areas that seemed exciting were cosmology and elementary particle physics.
- Is it necessary for humans to create stars in a laboratory in order for us to develop a science of cosmology?
- The fields that have continued to amaze are astronomy and cosmology, which are obviously healthy.
- The big bang theory of cosmology asserts that the universe was once a very small and very hot soup of energetic subatomic particles.
- All of modern cosmology, including the theory of the expanding universe, rests on that assumption.
- This comment also applies to cosmology, astronomy, aspects of biology and in fact much scientific and medical experimentation.
- The question Nagel mentions of systems far from equilibrium arises frequently in particle physics and cosmology.
- The intersection between cosmology and particle physics us likely to remain an exciting area of science for many years to come.
- He is phenomenally interested in modern cosmology, physics, neuroscience and psychology.
- According to modern cosmology, the entire universe is an evolutionary system.
- We have come to realize, through developments in astronomy and cosmology, that we are still quite near the beginning.
- He does work on cosmology and astronomy, and he wondered how he would explain what the applications of this work were.
- In the last half of the twentieth century, astronomers made enormous progress in understanding cosmology.
- Astronomy and cosmology have made the universe smaller and vaster than ever before, but where does humanity fit in?
- Only after such a transformation could modern physics and cosmology became accessible to the public.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.