In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Today the crew of each launched spacecraft is composed of astronauts or cosmonauts drawn from these categories.
- Today, astronauts and cosmonauts on the International Space Station can choose from a vast variety of food before their mission to the ISS starts.
- He will live and work aboard the international space station along with another American astronaut and a Russian cosmonaut.
- In the small Fife town of Lumphinnans there is a street named in honour of the Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin.
- The answers to this and other questions were found by successfully sending animals and then Russian cosmonauts and U.S. astronauts into short spaceflights.
- A Russian cosmonaut and an American astronaut are on a spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
- The efforts of astronauts and cosmonauts since 1961 are just the beginning of this process.
- Three crews, made up of four American astronauts and five Russian cosmonauts, have called the space outpost home.
- Do we have an option of giving any degree of privacy to this planet's astronauts, cosmonauts, and taikonauts?
- In its second year of occupancy, astronauts and cosmonauts have conducted 16 spacewalks for maintenance and assembly of the Station.
- On April 12, 1961, the Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin aboard Vostok 1 lifted off into space to achieve the first Earth orbit.
- Since November 2000 amateur radio equipment has been used by Expedition astronauts and cosmonauts to talk to hundreds of kids in schools around the world, as well as to friends, family and others on Earth.
- On-orbit construction began in 1998 and three crews of astronauts and cosmonauts have been living and working on board since November 2000.
- Reporters at participating NASA centers will have the first 13 minutes to question the astronauts and cosmonauts.
- Working closely with IMAX, 25 astronauts and cosmonauts were trained to use the high-tech equipment.
- NASA seized the opportunity to partner with the Russians, and as a result cosmonauts and astronauts are living and working permanently on the International Space Station today.
- Astronauts and cosmonauts prepare to share a meal in the Zveda Service Module on the International Space Station.
- Other historical milestones are also being achieved commercially, such as the successful mission of two Russian cosmonauts to the space station Mir beginning in April 2000.
- We don't really have much time for a social life - there's a lot of work to get through - but we meet Russian cosmonauts and American astronauts, too.
- The Russian cosmonaut and the American astronaut today took care of a little maintenance outside the Space Station.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.