In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muerte de cuna femininemuerte súbita (infantil) feminine
- The appeal judges accepted that statistics relating to cot death had been handled inappropriately.
- It doubles the chances of a baby suffering cot death.
- In the meanwhile we had one case which we had thought was a cot death.
- Conversely, some years ago I was deeply moved by the testimony of a friend whose only child suffered a cot death.
- She could find no natural explanation and would not have signed this as a cot death.
- A family who lost a 13-week-old baby to cot death made an urgent appeal today for cash to pay for new research into the condition.
- After retirement he continued his studies into cot death and was sought after for expert legal advice.
- Infants sleeping face down were more likely to suffer a cot death.
- There it is estimated that the chances of a randomly chosen baby dying a cot death are 1 in 1,303.
- A mum who lost her four-week-old baby to cot death is organising a fundraising event on what would have been his first birthday.
- She had subsequently told her grandmother what she had seen, but was not believed because it was thought to be a cot death.
- In various different ways he says that previous admissions to hospital are relevant to the consideration as to whether it is a cot death or a deliberate killing.
- This programme provides support for families with children born after a cot death.
- She lost her baby to cot death, but because of this, the lives of thousands of other babies have been saved by her relentless campaigning.
- The money raised went some way to reducing the number of babies who die from cot death.
- He is expected vigorously to contest the case, which centres upon claims he should have known there is a substantially increased risk of a second cot death after a first.
- A thorough investigation into the cause of death is carried out after a cot death.
- They may also have experienced a cot death in the family.
- Now re-housed, the couple said the cot death of their baby had changed their lives, but had also brought them closer together.
- There was a suicide, a cot death, a man who had died of stomach cancer and a couple of heart attack victims.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.