In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If the tangent of an angle is a/b then the cotangent of that angle is b/a.
- Since we want the cotangent, just take the reciprocal to solve.
- I can't tell the difference between radians, tangents, cotangents, secants, etc.
- The first tabulates logarithms of the sine, cosine, tangent and cotangent functions at 1 intervals and shows how to solve triangles using logarithmic functions.
- The tangent and cotangent came via a different route from the chord approach of the sine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.