- Bread, the staff of life, comes in many different forms from flat up to the enormous cottage loaves.
- The weathered sandstone pinnacles which adorn the ridge looked for all the world like gigantic cottage loaves piled one on the top of the other.
- To ensure a good shaped cottage loaf the dough needs to be firm enough to support the weight of the top ball.
- There are Chelsea buns, Eccles cakes, tea cakes, cottage loaves and bloomers.
- Free play with our plasticine was fun; we made worms, hedgehogs, cottage loaves and fairy tea sets.