1región algodonera de EEUU
- A few thousand hectares of Muscadine grapes are grown in the cotton belt in the south eastern United States.
- Shortly after his birth (or maybe before, the records are unclear) his father, a lawyer, moved to Columbia County, Georgia, on the Savannah River, in the heart of that state's rising cotton belt.
- The book is at its best in detailing those institutions, as in the chapters on rural and small-town communities, African Americans in the South's cotton belt, and the sporting and nightlife attractions of New York City and Chicago.
- Long before the ‘Dust Bowl’ conditions of the 1930s caught the nation's attention, he called for diversified farming in the cotton belt and the use of terracing to control erosion.
- Two decades of rising prices had encouraged many tidewater planters to sell their slaves to new farmers in the expanding cotton belt of Alabama and Mississippi.
Aquellos estados del sur de EEUU, donde se cultiva la mayor parte del algodón del país. Son Tejas, Oklahoma, Luisiana, Arkansas, Tennesee, Alabama, Georgia, Carolina del Norte y del Sur.