In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1teleadicto masculine informalteleadicta feminine informal
- Even if you're an incurable couch potato, there's no excuse for not taking regular exercise.
- She in turn has become a couch potato, watching old movies and ordering take out.
- If your cat tends to be a couch potato, develop some games that stimulate exercise.
- Instead of being a couch potato this dull season, try catching a movie at the theatres, going to the club for a game, hosting a party at home or simply go shopping!
- ‘He used to do karate and hockey, but he's stopped doing that now and in the last few months he's been a bit of a couch potato,’ she said.
- Studio-hopping stars, hit films and comedy skits are being pitched in by all the major channels to add sparkle to yet another day for the couch potato.
- If the reader is a regular couch potato, he or she must be aware of this interesting series on the BBC.
- Instead of just sitting in front of your television being a couch potato, it offers you opportunity to shop online, play games and enjoy other activities.
- The advent of television and the emergence of the modern couch potato sounded the death knell for such activities.
- If you cannot sit still, stay home on your couch where you can stretch out and be the couch potato you've always aspired to.
- She makes the exercises easy enough that even a couch potato like me can do them.
- By lunch-time I could hardly walk and by evening picking up the TV controller made even being a couch potato a painful exercise.
- You can do it the couch potato's way: take a chairlift up the slope, your feet brushing the tops of the woodland trees that are just starting to take on their autumn colours.
- Let that be a lesson to the couch potato in us all.
- ‘He has become a couch potato and online addict this summer,’ she said bitterly.
- Playing with these toys while watching TV is much better than being a couch potato!
- While he pumps iron to improve his physique, he is a renowned couch potato, who likes nothing better than to lounge about with the remote control at his fingertips.
- Most of us know that some exercise is essential to our health and well-being but making the progression from a couch potato to reasonable fitness seems like a long and puzzling road.
- Watching television has given rise to the couch potato syndrome.
- The couch potato, chip-munching life-style is too common and it is clearly unhealthy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.