In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jarabe para la tos masculine
- Some of the potentially addictive substances contained in medicines such as cough mixture and painkillers include codeine, amphetamines, and opium-derived substances.
- I imagine her lozenges and the recovering man's cough mixture contained enough mild sedatives to hook them.
- I've raided mum's cabinet and found some cough mixture.
- The contents of the cans in question are believed to be diluted cough mixture which may or may not be confirmed by forensic analysis.
- As a result, prison hospitals have enough cough mixture in their storerooms for five years.
- The green liquid, which looks like cough mixture, produces feelings of sedation, without the euphoric rush associated with heroin.
- He had brought some Army-issue cough mixture which might help me to sleep.
- Check with the pharmacist before taking a cough mixture containing a decongestant.
- It comes in the form of a green liquid, like cough mixture, poured into a plastic cup.
- Annie cast about the room, looking for some cough mixture.
- She told officials she had taken a cough mixture.
- After x-rays and a lot of fuss, I was sent back to the hostel with some tablets and a cough mixture.
- The player however admits to having taken a cough mixture and indomethicine before the game which was allegedly prescribed by a doctor after he complained of not feeling well.
- The doctors told him that if he continued taking the cough mixture, he would die.
- The worst was a strawberry beer that was very similar to cough mixture.
- The odour compound employed is eucalyptol, widely used in medicines such as cough mixtures.
- ‘If a player tests positive on Saturday, he may have taken a cough mixture four weeks ago prior to me talking to them,’ he added.
- Are we going to have to go to judicial review to see whether we can get cough mixture?
- Everything from cough mixture to nail varnish is already metricated in the city's pharmacies.
- My advice would be that coughs and colds are a normal part of winter, and the best treatment is paracetamol and perhaps a cough mixture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.