In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contribución urbana feminine(basada en el valor de la propiedad y el número de personas que viven en ella) contribución municipal feminine
- At the same time, the party is also proposing to replace council tax with a local income tax.
- An idea has been put forward for council tax to be directly linked to how much people earn.
- The party wants to scrap council tax and replace it with a progressive system of local income tax.
- If you are on a low income you may be able to claim a rebate on your rent and council tax.
- Do you think the current method using property values to calculate council tax is fair?
- My pension contribution was exactly the same as my tax and council tax is today.
- The council has been exploring all areas to keep its council tax down and be more efficient.
- Many of them will face the terrible prospect of not having the extra money to pay their council tax.
- Subject to a few defined exceptions, council tax is a local tax levied on every dwelling.
- Also enshrined in the plan was the proposal to replace the council tax with a local income tax.
- The union has asked for the increase to counter the rise in council tax and house prices in the city.
- All we are asking for is a decent wage to cover the cost of living as council tax keeps rising.
- You would both be jointly liable for council tax during any period you both lived in the house.
- The fact that he is not liable to pay council tax on that other property is irrelevant.
- For years the parish council rejected the idea of increasing council tax by a local precept.
- I contacted the borough council and was told no council tax was due for this period.
- They would get rid of council tax altogether and replace it with a local income tax.
- Claiming income support also made her eligible for council tax and housing benefit.
- Anybody who thinks this is good value for our council tax must be from another planet.
- If you can afford to have a second home then you can afford to pay the full council tax on the property.
- En Gran Bretaña, impuesto que los habitantes de un inmueble deben pagar al council o municipalidad local. La cantidad que debe pagarse se calcula tomando como base el valor estimado de la vivienda, y el número de personas que viven en ella.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.