- Although this was not intended as an endorsement by the popular Republican councilman, the media and voters perceived it as such.
- He is a former Cleveland councilman and school board member.
- Surely city councilmen ought to have better (and more constitutionally permissible) things to do.
- One of our local councilmen has taken to giving interviews to anyone who will listen to express his displeasure over the new system.
- Two other councilmen recounted personal stories about the mayor's openness.
- As long as the mayor can maintain the loyalty of ten or more councilmen, his agenda can safely sail through the lawmaking process.
- She finally pulled him away, and quietly told him that the councilmen wished to speak with him.
- One of the councilmen was locked in his office and could not open the door.
- He says that particular image was not what was important to voters in 2002 when he ran for city council at age 25 and soundly beat a former councilman.
- While he hired lobbyists to help him state his case, he personally developed relationships with city councilmen and pressed for their vote commitment.
- A few years later, while still serving as a councilman, he was elected to the local water board.
- But suddenly, the same numbers that police officers, city councilmen, mayors, and reporters had been staring at sadly for decades became the key to solving the city's crime problems.
- He was a political rival of the dead councilman.
- I knew my grandfather quite well; he was a city councilman.
- He was among the first councilmen to push for tax hikes.
- Leading the insurgency is the town's mayor and an ambitious councilman.
- City councilmen said they're frustrated over delays in the negotiations.
- The other councilmen whispered amongst themselves in terror.
- Lang had been in office, as either a councilman or mayor, for 22 years.
- I had to show them what an upstanding group of councilmen should do.