In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The counter-arguments are based on conceptions of social welfare.
- Multimedia ultimately makes its own best counterargument by choosing an inaugural address by Wagner.
- A counter-argument comes from the Argentinian, Borges, who claimed to be puzzled by his huge North American reputation.
- Despite the absence of backup from a large multinational, there are counter-arguments that give cause for hope.
- This kind of logic lies behind all conspiracy theories, with their infuriating imperviousness to counter-argument.
- There is one important counterargument raised, perhaps not surprisingly, by my wife.
- In what follows, consideration will be given to the six most important of the counter-arguments.
- Bishop provides a succinct formulation of the counter-argument.
- That is why the best counter-argument he can offer is almost incoherent.
- He was referring to my counter-argument about the efficacy of low-carbohydrate diets.
- To avoid mistake, with equal care he records the counter-arguments.
- There are a lot of counterarguments to using more labor in China.
- Of course some of the counter-arguments raised in this thread don't necessarily hold water either.
- A very real counter-argument is that the risk was revealed by the high return.
- In response, apologists have fallen back on four counter-arguments.
- There's also a counter-argument that some may feel wins the day.
- Making vaguely related assertions in response to an argument is not a counter-argument.
- There is a counter-argument: that the test of an effective legislature may not only be in its legislation.
- They are not disproved by counter-arguments of the Kantian sort, any more than they are proved by those of the Newtonians.
- There are three counterarguments to the above objection, all of which support the "content is not king" thesis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.